Removing Partial Objects

Hi friends,

I’m working on an animation puppet film and I was wondering if MOKEY is able to remove partial objects, like the puppet threads, the hand bars, or even the human puppetteers behind the character.

I’ve seen your tutorials and it always seems to be a “independent object removal”, but never an object attached to anything else.

It would be very helpful using Mokey instead of using a green chroma key for every moving object.

Thanks for your help.,…

f

Hi again,

This 2 videos are the ones I’m using to test Mokey. They are quite simple as you will see.

I’m trying to delete the pencil of the first video, and the thin black bar I use to move the puppet’s hand in the second video.

In both cases I always get “traces” of the parts I try to delete.

Do I have to paint them green to have a better contrast? What am I doing wrong?

Hi friends,
I’m working on an animation puppet film and I was wondering if MOKEY is able to remove partial objects, like the puppet threads, the hand bars, or even the human puppetteers behind the character.
I’ve seen your tutorials and it always seems to be a “independent object removal”, but never an object attached to anything else.
It would be very helpful using Mokey instead of using a green chroma key for every moving object.
Thanks for your help.,…
f

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
Hi Fernando,
One of the main uses for the mokey product is wire-removal, so yes it is entirely feasible that it could be used for puppetry.
As to the puppeteers themselves, it would entirely depend on how they were shot and what exactly you would need to remove. If you have some examples I could advise further.
—End Quote—
That would be fantastic! I’ll upload some examples today.
Thanks Martin !

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
Hi Fernando,

One of the main uses for the mokey product is wire-removal, so yes it is entirely feasible that it could be used for puppetry.

As to the puppeteers themselves, it would entirely depend on how they were shot and what exactly you would need to remove. If you have some examples I could advise further.
—End Quote—
That would be fantastic! I’ll upload some examples today.

Thanks Martin !

Hi again,
This 2 videos are the ones I’m using to test Mokey. They are quite simple as you will see.
I’m trying to delete the pencil of the first video, and the thin black bar I use to move the puppet’s hand in the second video.
In both cases I always get “traces” of the parts I try to delete.

Do I have to paint them green to have a better contrast? What am I doing wrong?

Hi Fernando,

Hi Fernando,