Snap corner pin edges

I’m performing some corner pinning with Mocha AE and wanted to know if there’s a way to snap the angle of a particular edge with the edge parallel to it?
A simple example is a picture frame where part of the picture is obscured by an object. I’d like to draw the 3 known edges but be able to constrain the final edge (in this case the bottom edge) with the top edge angle.
I realize that depending on a number of factors the two angles perhaps won’t be the same, but a simple “snap” or “constrain” function would certainly be helpful in some circumstances.
I’ve searched for this functionality but haven’t found an answer. Thanks in advance.

The constraint has nothing to do with the track, its a way for me to set the bottom of the corner pin to an angle I know is accurate based on the opposite side. Again, consider the case where there’s a photo in a frame, but the bottom half of the photo is behind an object. I still need my corner pin to be accurate. If I could constrain the bottom edge to match the same angle as the top edge, I’d have an accurate corner pin for the photo replacement.

The constraint has nothing to do with the track, its a way for me to set the bottom of the corner pin to an angle I know is accurate based on the opposite side. Again, consider the case where there’s a photo in a frame, but the bottom half of the photo is behind an object. I still need my corner pin to be accurate. If I could constrain the bottom edge to match the same angle as the top edge, I’d have an accurate corner pin for the photo replacement.

Okay. The solution is to eyeball it.

Okay. The solution is to eyeball it.

I’m performing some corner pinning with Mocha AE and wanted to know if there’s a way to snap the angle of a particular edge with the edge parallel to it?

A simple example is a picture frame where part of the picture is obscured by an object. I’d like to draw the 3 known edges but be able to constrain the final edge (in this case the bottom edge) with the top edge angle.

I realize that depending on a number of factors the two angles perhaps won’t be the same, but a simple “snap” or “constrain” function would certainly be helpful in some circumstances.

I’ve searched for this functionality but haven’t found an answer. Thanks in advance.

Hi There,
As long as your track is good you shouldn’t need to constrain an edge to the obscured area, the surface tool will follow the track the same throughout the shot. If it is not, your track needs adjusting. Everything in mocha is a child of the track. As yet, we do not have a snapping feature.
Hope that makes sense, let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi There,

As long as your track is good you shouldn’t need to constrain an edge to the obscured area, the surface tool will follow the track the same throughout the shot. If it is not, your track needs adjusting. Everything in mocha is a child of the track. As yet, we do not have a snapping feature.

Hope that makes sense, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Mary

OK, thats easy. Drag the corner points to be parallel with the visible edge of the frame, align the top and bottom edges, and then mouse over the vertical line you need to move into the occlusion somewhere in the middle of the line. Drag the line behind the occlusion.

OK, thats easy. Drag the corner points to be parallel with the visible edge of the frame, align the top and bottom edges, and then mouse over the vertical line you need to move into the occlusion somewhere in the middle of the line. Drag the line behind the occlusion.

Yes, but you’re using linear perspective as a pretty large aid to eyeballing if you do it that way. Should be accurate if you’re truly parallel and have worked the lens warp out.

Yes, but you’re using linear perspective as a pretty large aid to eyeballing if you do it that way. Should be accurate if you’re truly parallel and have worked the lens warp out.