File conversion. Hitfilm/Mocha

I am just new to Mocha through Hitfilm Ultimate.My new video camera produces.AVCHD files.I have both PAVTUBE HD VIDEO CONVERTER and PAVTUBE MTS/M2TS CONVERTER…Can anyone help and tell me what are the best settings to use, or at least point me in the right direction…Rick 1.

Sure, have you watched the tutorials on 3D solving? You must solve two non-coplanar planes with our planar tracker and then use those together to solve for the camera.

What are you trying to solve for in your shot?

Cheers,
Mary

It’s pretty hard to go wrong with a prores, h264, jpeg, or uncompressed quicktime if you’re looking for fast and easy conversion.

It’s pretty hard to go wrong with a prores, h264, jpeg, or uncompressed quicktime if you’re looking for fast and easy conversion.

Hi Rick,
It is because you need to adjust the size of your element visually, mocha is solving for planes not for the “exact camera that the film was shot with,” so you need to size your element visually in the shot, it’s not in worldspace.
Cheers,
Mary

Sure, have you watched the tutorials on 3D solving? You must solve two non-coplanar planes with our planar tracker and then use those together to solve for the camera.

What are you trying to solve for in your shot?
Cheers,
Mary

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Hi Rick,

It is because you need to adjust the size of your element visually, mocha is solving for planes not for the “exact camera that the film was shot with,” so you need to size your element visually in the shot, it’s not in worldspace.

Cheers,
Mary

No, I mean adjust the fire size in your compositor (hit film). :slight_smile:

No, I mean adjust the fire size in your compositor (hit film). :slight_smile:

Hi, can anyone tell me why when I take tracking data back into Hitfilm the 3d effect ie… (Bonfire) seems to be rather small, am I missing something or is that the way it is…Rick

Hi, I converted my files from Avchd to h.264 HD video(.mov)and can now get it to play on both QuickTime and Mocha, only other problem I have is I cannot camera solve it tells me(not enough usable data for 3d reconstruction. Mary can you or any other Mocha user out there help me, as I said before I am new to all this and am eager to learn…Rick.

I am just new to Mocha through Hitfilm Ultimate.My new video camera produces.AVCHD files.I have both PAVTUBE HD VIDEO CONVERTER and PAVTUBE MTS/M2TS CONVERTER…Can anyone help and tell me what are the best settings to use, or at least point me in the right direction…Rick 1.

Thank you very much Mary, I am just new to all this and your advice will really help me…off to try it…Rick.

Thank you very much Mary, I am just new to all this and your advice will really help me…off to try it…Rick.

Hi, I converted my files from Avchd to h.264 HD video(.mov)and can now get it to play on both QuickTime and Mocha, only other problem I have is I cannot camera solve it tells me(not enough usable data for 3d reconstruction. Mary can you or any other Mocha user out there help me, as I said before I am new to all this and am eager to learn…Rick.

Hi Mary, I am a complete idiot.After watching the tutorial again I see what I was doing wrong, goes to show you think you know everything and find you certainly don’t. I am trying to track some data to take back to a project I am doing in Hitfilm. Hopefully I will be ok now.great to know there is good help available when you want it. And no doubt i will need it again in the near future so many thanks for giving me your precious time…Rick

Hi Mary, I am a complete idiot.After watching the tutorial again I see what I was doing wrong, goes to show you think you know everything and find you certainly don’t. I am trying to track some data to take back to a project I am doing in Hitfilm. Hopefully I will be ok now.great to know there is good help available when you want it. And no doubt i will need it again in the near future so many thanks for giving me your precious time…Rick

Hi, can anyone tell me why when I take tracking data back into Hitfilm the 3d effect ie… (Bonfire) seems to be rather small, am I missing something or is that the way it is…Rick