Camera solve frame rate problem in After Effects

Hi,

My footage is almost 7 secs, 60 FPS, 1080p and i tracked, got 98% solve quality. I set 24 fps in mocha camera solve. After solving, i just copied the tracking data from mocha to paste in after effects. Setting used in after effects same what i used in mocha 24fps, 1080p and the frame rate is not matching each other at all. Can you Please help to solve this problem

Hi there,

Your 60 FPS is what is likely throwing this off. How do you have it interpreted in mocha and in AE? Just setting the comp to 24 fps is not going to solve the problem. If your footage is 60 fps your project settings need to be 60 fps.

Cheers,
Mary

Thank u Mary for replying… Is it is possible converting footage from 60 fps to 24 fps and can use it for tracking with 24fps?

You can either interpret the framerate to 24 in the clip and make a comp from that and then apply mocha, or you can make your frame rate 60 fps across the board and then convert the final comp in AE to 24. There’s more than one way to solve the problem. You don’t have to re-export the footage. You just have to change the frame rate interpretation.

Wow Worked… mam thanks for helping … but i’m getting another problem here, which was the camera data i pasted in after effects are not showing on composition, means the tracking points are not visible or tracking null points are overscaled somewhere else… n So, i cant place my 3d object. … Why mam?

Either your solve is not correct or you are not viewing the right camera. What happens when you look through the mocha camera for your 3D data?

Cheers,
Mary