Camera solve & Wide angle lens

Homepage Forums mocha Plus Camera solve & Wide angle lens

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  webquotes2_f8cbf 3 months ago.

• Author

paul_ec0fb
    Participant

Hi. Just bought Mocca add on for hitfilm & watched your tutorials

<span style=”color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Roboto, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 20px;”>Planar tracking basics in mocha HitFilm</span>

<span style=”color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Roboto, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 20px;”>Create Fringe style titles with HitFilm</span>

I am trying to add text to a scene but having probs as my text wobbles back and forth which I think is due to the fact that the clip was filmed with a wide angle lens and that is causing distortion. Is there a way to adjust for that or do you have to film with a “normal” lens when fairly close rather than far away like your example in the “create fringe style titles” vid?

Thnx

MaryP
    Keymaster

A lens distortion can always be trouble with tracking. In mocha Pro, we have the lens module to combat this. In mocha HitFilm, it is not available. You’re mileage may vary, but try using adjust track to make the text sit better in your scene in mocha HitFilm. Turn your surface tool on and make sure your track is good before you export your data.

webquotes2_f8cbf
    Participant

You could use Hitfilm to remove the fisheye, then export that flatter video, reload it and use that in Mocha Hitfilm to do the track on instead.

Or, if you wanted to retain the fisheye look, do the above to flatten it, then put the resulting camera and your text in a separate composite shot on its own with no video.
    Put that composite inside another one with the original fisheye video footage, then add a reverse of the fisheye removal to the text composite to bend it correctly back onto the original video.

Or use Two-Point tracking in Hitfilm, which will give you flat text, but position, scale and rotation on your text to make it look mostly correct. It depends if you want it perfect, or close enough, but at least not wobbling about.

The forum ‘mocha Plus’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Newsletter

Need more mocha?