Clean uninstall / reinstall?

Hi there,

for some troubleshooting regarding a machine, I’d like to make a clean and complete uninstall of Mocha Pro. I’m on OSX, so aside of deleting “mocha Pro” from Applications I don’t have much options :confused: obviously this doesn’t do the trick as all the userdata etc is still there (e.g., if I “reinstall” it, the product is still licensed etc).

Of course I deleted the MoTemp folder, but I’m a bit stuck finding all other folders which contain data that need to be removed for a clean uninstall and the website FAQ etc is no help unfortunately :frowning:

Any ideas what else needs to be removed and where to find it?

Best Regards

Hi there,

If you have already tried uninstalling mocha, but have not removed any library files, it may be that you have some Library problems that are keeping your old settings.

• Uninstall your mocha software.
  • Find any Preferences (or .plist) files:
    • On pre-mavericks MAC this will be under /Users/*YOURUSERNAME*/Library/Preferences/
    • On Windows, open the command prompt as an administrator, type regedit in the window, and hit enter. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Imagineer Systems Ltd/mocha
  • Delete your preferences files:
    • On pre-mavericks MAC Delete the files that begin with com.imagineersystems.mocha
    • On Windows, Delete the contents of any folder in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Imagineer Systems Ltd/mocha
  • Re-install the software from scratch by downloading a new mocha installer off of our downloads section.
  • If you are on Mavericks, you will need to try something else to delete your preferences because you will not be able to access and delete your .plist files the way you can on older systems. You may try one of the following techniques:
    • Use friendly solution:
      • Quit the app, and make sure it is not set to run at login.
      • Delete the app’s prefs file (typically in ~/Library/Preferences/Imagineer Systems Ltd/mocha.
      • Logout.
      • Login.
      • Launch the app. Follow mocha’s instructions to reset preferences.
    • Preferred solution:
      • Quit the app.
      • Open Terminal, paste the following, and press Return:
        defaults delete com.imagineersystems.*.plist
      • Launch the app. Follow mocha’s instructions to reset preferences.
The license will folder will also be in one of the following locations:
  • Licence Directory for OSX: /Library/Application Support/Imagineer Systems/FLEXlm/Licenses/
  • Licence Directory for Windows
    • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Imagineer Systems Ltd\Licensing\
    • Windows Vista: C:\ProgramData\Imagineer Systems Ltd\Licensing\
    • Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Imagineer Systems Ltd\Licensing\
    • (Legacy versions of Imagineer Software may still use the directory C:\Program Files\Imagineer Systems Ltd\Licensing\)
  • Licence Directory for Linux
    • /etc/opt/isl/licences/
Get rid of these files and you should have a "clean" machine to work with.

Cheers,
Mary

<p style=“margin: 0px; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: Menlo;”><span style=“font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures;”>HI I am working on El captain … the solution suggested for mavericks does not work, My version of mocha pro 4.1.3 is crashing when I try to track anything, it worked before now it just shuts down on any tracking, if I can remove all the mocha files this and do a clean install this might help … here what terminal is telling me </span></p>
<p style=“margin: 0px; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: Menlo;”></p>
<p style=“margin: 0px; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: Menlo;”><span style=“font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures;”>Domain (com.imagineersystems.*.plist) not found.</span></p>

<p style=“margin: 0px; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: Menlo;”><span style=“font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures;”>Defaults have not been changed.</span></p>
<p style=“margin: 0px; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: Menlo;”></p>

<p style=“margin: 0px; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: Menlo;”><span style=“font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures;”>HI I am working on El captain … the solution suggested for mavericks does not work, My version of mocha pro 4.1.3 is crashing when I try to track anything, it worked before now it just shuts down on any tracking, if I can remove all the mocha files this and do a clean install this might help … here what terminal is telling me </span></p>
<p style=“margin: 0px; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: Menlo;”><span style=“font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures;”>Domain (com.imagineersystems.*.plist) not found.</span></p>

<p style=“margin: 0px; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: Menlo;”><span style=“font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures;”>Defaults have not been changed.</span></p>

<span style=“color: #000000; font-family: arial; font-size: 12pt;”><span style=“font-size: 12pt;”>Hi,

I installed a trail version of Mocha Pro 5 plugin in after effects, now I bought a license but when I am trying to paste my new serial number it’s not replacing the old serial.

Thanks
Amitabh</span></span>

Hi Amitabh,

Please send us a support case with your serial and we can get you sorted by resetting that for you. http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/contact-support/

Alternately, you can try running our cleaner script and seeing if that sorts the issue for you: http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/support-faq/#what-do-i-do-if-my-license-is-not-installing-properly
Cheers,
Mary

Thanks for the detailed instructions.

And what’s the recommended procedure to re-/un-install the mocha plug-in for AfterEffects/ Premiere Pro on macOS?

Regards,
Ruslan [roos-lAHn]

I think you have to run a specific cleaner for that, Ruslan.