FYI - 5.1.1 Reactivation Required?

Hi there,

Did the upgrade to 5.1.1 (don’t remember when which is unfortunate). All good for a number of days. Fired up Mocha tonight and began resuming project. Hitting the render button created images with a bunch of white squares on it. ??? Kinda reminded me of watermarking when you are in trial mode on some products. OK, check license. Expired!? Dredge up paid up upgrade 4->5 serial. Re-enter. No joy. OK, deactivate, then re-enter. Joy - at least for now. Not quite sure what happened and yes, Mocha is installed on exactly one machine. Don’t know if this is an anomaly or just what.

Thanks for reporting this. We’ll investigate the possible causes so it doesn’t affect others.

Can you tell me your system please?

Can you also let us know if this happens again?

Hi there,

If your license is installing and the software keeps popping up in LE mode, chances are your license is not installing properly. Normally, activating your license is a two step process, you activate the key and install the license. If you’re activating normally and the license is still not working, try this:

Run one of our cleaner scripts in order to completely wipe away the previously established licensing entries between mocha and the OS. To run these scripts successfully you must be logged into your OS as an Admin-level User account, and you need to close all other programs.
On the Mac:
  1. Quit any NLEs or any other software that might be running in conjunction with mocha.
  2. Download: Cleaner For OSX
  3. Quit mocha Pro 5, no uninstall needed.
  4. Run the cleaner installer.
  5. The cleaner will start immediately after it installs.
  6. Let it run, it will not run for more than a few moments. No user input is needed.
  7. Install your license again if prompted for a new license.
On Windows:
  1. Quit any NLEs or any other software that might be running in conjunction with mocha.
  2. Download: Cleaner for Windows
  3. Uninstall mocha Pro 5 in all it’s forms, Plug-In and standalone.
  4. Run the cleaner process, you must Right-Click on the Cleaner and select “Run As Administrator” .
  5. The cleaner will pop up a command window for a moment and then close itself. No user input is needed.
  6. Reinstall any mocha products you own again.
  7. Install your license again if prompted for a new license.
You do not need to restart your machine for the cleaner tools to work.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and I will be happy to help you.

Cheers,
Mary

Sure. Windows 10 Home Anniversary Update. Will do. Thanks and if reoccurs, will try Mary’s suggestions.

Hello again,

A little more knowledgeable this time so can properly report that it did, again, revert to LE mode. Looks like Mary’s suggestion is next. Will keep an eye after that. Also looks like I didn’t quite get to the reply block I wanted so hope Martin sees this.

A little more info on this. As a result of the person reporting the reversion to LE mode when the server went down, I turned on the Welcome Screen. Upon testing it (close, open) with the above condition, i.e. license reversion, it did not report being in LE mode. The only way to determine that was to click the About button whereupon it showed LE licensing. Upon deactivating the license (doing the Q&D for now), Welcome did indeed show LE mode. (I reactivated for now and of course Welcome and About showed no LE mode.) Kind of a nit I know but may be of some use.

Hi Mary,

Clicked on the link for Cleaner and got 404 Not Found (Windows); just for fun same for Mac link. Tried searching but no joy.

Regards,

Al

Hi Al,

Looks like the cleaner expired again, I will get the new links tomorrow!

I have put in a request for the cleaner, I am still waiting on it. Sorry for the delay.

This activate, not licensed, deactivate, and reactivate is not really a time saver. I regret not upgrading to the standalone. Does anyone know if these same issues plague the standalone versions of Mocha 5.x?

The same issue has occurred as a once off for all 5.1.1 versions. We have a fix for this upcoming in 5.2.0 (due next week).

Are you having to reactivate every single time you use it? Are you changing time zones or daylight saving hours?

For windows.

https://www.borisfx.com/download_files/private/forcleaners/156221132/CleanMocha5All.exe

For mac.

https://www.borisfx.com/download_files/private/forcleaners/156221132/CleanMocha5All.pkg

OK! These should work!

Hi Mary,

We seem to have gone from bad to worse. Downloaded Cleaner per link. Ran it et. al. per instructions. Thrice with a reboot before the 3rd try, i.e. ran Cleaner, rebooted, installed Mocha. Get only Failed to activate message and can only run in LE mode which has the obvious side effect of not allowing any deactivation so now I am trapped in LE mode. Tried to find way around but no luck.

Please email support@imagineersystems.com your activation code and we will check that there are no issues with your license.

Hi there,
Support responded, “reset serial”. Activation worked, all seems good. Thank you both for all the help.
Regards,
Al

This activate, not licensed, deactivate, and reactivate is not really a time saver. I regret not upgrading to the standalone. Does anyone know if these same issues plague the standalone versions of Mocha 5.x?

Also, the permanently encrypted gag is like a slap in the face.

I will post this message when it happens, Martin. You guys troubleshoot it and fix it soon, ok?

The licensing is the same for the standalone node locked licensing, the subsequent versions of mocha should show you when you’re running in LE though so you don’t accidentally write encrypted files. We have that fix in the works. We have a floating license for plugins on multiple machines being released very soon.
Cheers,
Mary