Mocha Pro - FCPX - Apple Motion Compatibility

Hello! I have looked into the feature sets of both SliceX and TrackX and, perhaps because of just who I am, I would prefer to be able to perform the functions that those plugins provide by getting the data directly from Mocha Pro (which is essentially where those plugins are getting their data.) These are my questions:

1. What functionality is there going directly from Mocha Pro to FCPX (without a middle step application)?

2. Is is possible to import Mocha Mask data into Motion as you can in AE?

3. Would it be possible to accomplish the same things that all of the “Power by Mocha” CoreMelt plugins are able to accomplish by simply using Mocha Pro and FCPX? What about Mocha Pro, Motion and FCPX?

Thank you for your time!

1) What functionality is there going directly from Mocha Pro to FCPX (without a middle step application)? There's no support currently for FCPX with mocha Pro, which is why SliceX and TrackX from coremelt fill that gap.

2) Is is possible to import Mocha Mask data into Motion as you can in AE? You should be able to use final cut shapes in motion. But that's only in mocha Plus and mocha Pro. Or you can render the matte clips in mocha Pro. You can't export from mocha AE to Motion though.

3) Would it be possible to accomplish the same things that all of the “Power by Mocha” CoreMelt plugins are able to accomplish by simply using Mocha Pro and FCPX? What about Mocha Pro, Motion and FCPX? No, the reason the coremelt tools exist is to fill that gap. Right now, mocha only supports FCP7 and not FCPX.

Hope that helps! Mary

It does. Thanks! Has it or can it be revealed if FCPX support is on the roadmap for Mocha Pro’s future?

So right now, the road map is going to depend on feedback from users like you. But we can’t say we have concrete plans. :slight_smile:

I tried to export mocha Mask Data with the “final cut” option but I didn’t succeed to open the file neither in fcpx nor Motion5. In fact the export file is an .xml and I can’t open it with FCPX to Motion5 (I’m using mocha pro ). I searched elsewhere but I didn’t find any solution can you help me ?

The Final Cut option exports to FCP7 not FCPX, you’ll need sliceX or trackX to get mocha data into FCPX. Sorry for the inconvenience. https://www.imagineersystems.com/products/partner-products/slicex-trackx-drivex/

If you want to know more about mocha Pro exports and supported software, check our compare list here: https://www.imagineersystems.com/products/compare/

If you have any more questions, I am happy to help you.
Cheers,
Mary

Hey! Thanks for the help. I recently purchased most of Apple’s Pro Apps, including FCPX and Motion 5. I would just like to say that I would almost definitely buy Mocha if you guys supported FCPX/Mocha 5. I am a complete newbie in video editing, but I really appreciate how well made the software behind Mocha. It would make me so happy if you guys added support for FCPX, as after trying the Core Melt apps, I was severely disappointed with the UI and UX.

If there is any way to export mocha Pro to FCPX/Motion 5 I would very willingly thing about getting mocha Pro, but right now it is not an option as it does not support FCPX (I’m not an Adobe fan). Thank you for your time!

We do have a Motion export, just not a FCPX export. But we don’t make the plugin for motion. I will pass on your feature request!

Cool, thank you!

Hello Mary, I read this thread trying to find out if there is a useful workflow witch Mocha Pro for me with FCPX and Motion.

Can I get Mochas tracking / Roto results into either of them in a somehow seamless why? What did you mean by Coremelt´s product filling the gap? I do have Track X and Slice X, but I can I use them as an interface for Mocha Pro Data? Probably not…

Is there any other way? I would love to learn Mocha Pro and make use of the current sales, but so far I cannot see an efficient way of doing that without switching my NLE, which I don´t consider to do.

Greets from germany!

Peter

Alas, we can not export to FCPX from Mocha Pro, you can export black and white mattes if FCPX can read those, though I am not sure of the capabilities there. Other than that you can render out of Mocha Pro and import those final frames into FCPX. TrackX and SliceX are third party products specifically for FCPX that license our tracker and use their own software to leverage that into FCPX.

Hope that helps,
Mary

Nope, does not really help… As I wrote - I do own these products already, but I don´t like the workflow there.
But I will have a phonetalk with Neal tomorrow, maybe he can give me more advice.

Thanks for getting back.

Studio 203

Peter Saurbier

Sorry, I misread that you already had them. Short of using Mocha Pro as a standalone, I do not think you’re going to be able to get Mocha Pro exports into FCPX.

You might want to scrub you personal info from the forums as they are public. If you’re responding via email they may be part of your signature.

Hi Peter,
As Mary mentions - Mocha Pro does not work as an FCPX plug-in. For FCPX and Motion, the only current workflow we currently have is to run the Mocha Pro standalone application on macOS and use it for specific render process in these modules:
Lens Correction, Insert, Remove, Stabilize, and Reorient.

For example you can export your shot out of FCPX, import to Mocha Pro and then render back to file screen inserts, object removals, stabilization OR 360/VR orientation/stabilization. The final render would be imported into FCPX.

If you want to use Mocha Pro’s features for roto and masking, as Mary suggests, you can render out matte passes. Sorry to say that we do not have a mask or track format that we can write to for FCPX. This support is a continued request and we hope to add it to the roadmap in the future - but no promises.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint! :slight_smile:

Hello Ross, thanks. Insert means the mere insertion of a clip, right? The problem is: Trying to match an inserted clip to the surrounding (with blurs, colour corrections. feathers and stuff) is kind of awkward then, isn´t it?

Lot of guesswork and platform switching, I suppose?

So actually, no, I have done set extensions and take combinations in the insert module directly in Mocha Pro the Standalone. You can add motion blur and feathered masking as well as grid warps right in the Mocha Pro insert module. It’s really not guesswork at all, what you see is what you get.

Gives me Hope :slight_smile: - I will check with Neal tomorrow, he offered me a skype session - and if there is a workflow that seems acceptable I will join the club.

But, big BUT: Please put me on the list of People asking and praying for complete FCPX support!

1 Like