Mocha Shapes to Resolve as matte

Hi,

I get strange offsets when I import Mocha shapes to Resolve as a mask “matte”.

How do I fix this?

If you’re getting offsets, chances are your frame rate, aspect ratio, or both don’t line up on the mocha file and the resolve file, or you aren’t importing the matte in with the same settings as the resolve file. Check your frame numbers too and make sure they match.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi!

Well I export it as square form Davinci Resolve.

I dont see any square when I open the file in Mocha?

//Jesper

Without seeing any details or having more information… That sounds like a codec issue when you import a file from Resolve into mocha. There are a few steps you can take to fix this issue. Please note, the codec won’t be “MP4” or “MOV”, that’s the file type, the codec is the compression being used.

There are certain types of codecs and file types that mocha does not support, usually native, unprocessed codecs off of cameras and AVIs on Windows. You may need to convert the file to something mocha supports, such as an uncompressed quicktime or an image sequence. If your screen is black or white for clips but not for images, it is most likely the codec for the movie files that is causing the issue.

View Documentation: supported file list: http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/documentation/#File_Formats

Other troubleshooting tips:

Double-check that your quicktime drivers, codecs, and video card drivers are up to date, and that quicktime can open the file.

Try changing your codec to a more widespread codec. Usually any other quicktime format like animation, h.264, or JPEG compression should work, or another type of common .avi compression.

If the footage loads in quicktime but not in mocha, try converting the clip to a file we know for sure that mocha recognizes, like a TIFF or JPEG sequence, to test and make sure that mocha is running properly.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help you.

Test

See this image?

I tried everything…nothings works…

I can import the shaper fine and export…

But when I use it as a Matte it doesn’t line up correctly… :frowning:

I can’t see that image, no. Did you check the frame rate and frame numbers?

yes, works great in After Effects…just not in Resolve 12.5

Right, I get that, when you import the rendered matte images into resolve what are the frame numbers and frame rate? Do they match the resolve project?