Tracking Crash mocha Pro

Trying to track and stabilize a movie 10mb 126302 frames mp4 using Mochca Pro . It never completes the track or stabilize it just crashes both in AE and stand alone.

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M395X

Hi there,

Turn off your GPU tracking. You can do this in mocha preferences under the Open GL tab. You’ll then need to restart AE and try again. That should fix your issue. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help.

Cheers,
Mary

The movie is 130,000 frames about 35 min at 60frames per second, will not complete. box pops up with a red x in it.

Ah, ok, you will have to save and close mocha. And then open it again. AE is running out of memory.

Alternately, you can upgrade/update to the latest version of mocha and see if this fixes some of your memory problems for you. Boris FX | Downloads

Make sure you are using mocha Pro 5.2.1. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Mary

I have the latest version5.2…, Talking to Apple and they found that some cloud programs can cause memory problems have you experienced that?

. Also what is the movie file size (amount of frames) can mocha Pro track at one time? This one is 130,000 frames.

I think it’s possible that running other programs can definitely cause memory problems. But at 130,000 frames is a very long shot that you’re going to have trouble caching fully through AE or mocha and especially together. Try saving and closing mocha every one or two thousand frames or so to let AE’s cache catch up.

Any shot of that length is going to take some serious memory to process fully.

Reduced the frame amount for a test to 4459 frames it crashed after 1571 frames tracked. Box with a red x in it

Can you try increasing the amount of memory you allow both AE and mocha to use in AE and mocha preferences respectively?

Using 28 of the 32

OK, I was corrected, the memory leak fix is not implemented in the latest update. We will have that fix out in the next point release. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience. In the meantime, try the restarting mocha every thousand frames workaround.