Recently mocha Pro 5 shipped with new plug-in options for Adobe and Avid. Mary Poplin, product specialist for Imagineer Systems and Boris FX shows you her Top 10 Reasons to use the mocha Pro 5 tracking and masking Plug-in!
Note: mopcha Pro 5 plug-in for OFX (Nuke, Fusion support) coming soon.
1. Increased Work Speed- The mocha Pro plugin allows you to go back & forth between mocha and your host easily and reading from the timeline is lightning fast. Just apply the mocha Pro plugin and launch mocha, no need to set up aspect ratios, frame rates, or resolutions. This means less margin for error, less clicks, and less details to worry about allowing you to focus on your comp.
2. Load Host Media- The mocha Pro plugin reads directly from the host, this means no more black frames, no more media loading in your host but not in mocha. No rendering out different formats just so you can track your shot. If your host software can read your footage, so can mocha.
3. Rendering Not Necessary- The mocha Pro plugin has a non-destructive read and write workflow that simply renders to your timeline. You don’t need to render passes and load them into your host any longer, the plugin is seamlessly integrated into your edit or your comp no matter what module you are using.
4. Easy Access Modules- All of your favorite mocha Pro modules are right there in the plugin; stabilize, remove, and insert are just a few clicks away.
5. Expand your Toolbox- For many users, the mocha Pro plugin allows you to create effects that would be difficult any other way. For instance, a true corner pinned grid warp is very difficult in Adobe After Effects, but the grid warp tool in the plugin’s insert module makes this a snap.
6. Plays Well with Others- The mocha Pro plugin interacts with other After Effects plug-ins like mettle Sky Box, simply precompose the effect, move all attributes into the composition, and apply the mocha Pro plugin to the new pre comp. In Nuke, simply attach the mocha Pro plugin after a merge node to read altered source footage.
7. Match Original Plates- Isolating effects into mattes is pretty robust in the mocha Pro Plugin, allowing you to use the compositing tools inside your host platform to apply lens blurs or grains to removes, lighting changes to inserts, and more!
8. Access to Tracking- The mocha Pro plugin gives you access to your tracking data right in the effect panel. Simply link your data back in the plugin with expressions and keep on compositing. No copy and paste needed.
9. Compositing for Editors- The mocha Pro plugin in the hands of editors adds advanced finishing and compositing techniques for Avid users and premiere users alike. Now editors don’t have to be limited by the compositing scope of their tools.
10. Same Universal Exports- You can still export all of the other formats found in the standalone mocha Pro right from the mocha Pro plugin. An Avid editor might start a basic mask or insert in their timeline and then send project to an AE artist for more refinement, but the mocha file type and file exports are just as comprehensive as they have always been. Export your mocha file, copy and paste your tracking and shape data, and collaborate with other artists. All your tools are right where you need them.