Frame Size not matching the real footage size

Wow, just stunning.

Welcome to AQ!
Do surf around our sub forums for more information.

Hi Manuel,

Ross is right, you can correct this in Shake. All you need to do is enter a value of 4/3 in the shape’s xScale plug. Alternatively, to simplify things if you have several shapes on the same layer, you could place them all upstream of a Scale node with the same settings.

Also, you need to make sure the RotoShape nodes where you load the SSF files have the same resolution as the motor project, i.e. 1440x1080.

Hope this helps,

J-P

Wow, just stunning.
Welcome to AQ!
Do surf around our sub forums for more information.

I have a series of shots that were shot on a panasonic P2 camera HD. In shake the footage is full HD, 1920X1080. In Motor it shows up as 1440X1080
when I export the shapes all the shapes are in the wrong place in a wrong size, how to solve this big mistery since I can’t force Motor to go to full HD 1920X1080.

Help please,

Manuel Gonzalez

I have a series of shots that were shot on a panasonic P2 camera HD. In shake the footage is full HD, 1920X1080. In Motor it shows up as 1440X1080
when I export the shapes all the shapes are in the wrong place in a wrong size, how to solve this big mistery since I can’t force Motor to go to full HD 1920X1080.

Help please,

Manuel Gonzalez

Hi Manuel,
Sounds like it is Shake that is not properly recognizing the actual pixels.
Some of the HD formats such as this one is recording the native file at 1440x1080 with a 1.33 PAR.

Possibly the simplest solution if you wish to finish in Shake at 1920x1080 is to export the files from Shake at 1920x1080 before importing to mocha.

Beyond this, what is your pixel aspect set to in mocha? If the work has already been done, I would think that there could be an expression in Shake to take the 1.33 PAR and convert it to 1 (for 1920x1080) and then scale it.

Hope this points you in the right direction. Its a holiday in London tomorrow and Monday, but hopefully JP will be checking his email.

Best,
Ross