Mocha won't import files (clip is black)

Hi, I’m having the same problem and wanted to try and change the codec to Animation, but I don’t know how? Can anybody please help me…? I need to use the software for a project right now…
Thank you…

Hi there, you can convert files using adobe after effects and re-rendering the file, or you can use adobe media encoder. If you are using an editing program, simply export your footage and change the settings. All programs you would use will have walkthroughs in their help files, it just depends on your preference.

Hi there, you can convert files using adobe after effects and re-rendering the file, or you can use adobe media encoder. If you are using an editing program, simply export your footage and change the settings. All programs you would use will have walkthroughs in their help files, it just depends on your preference.

Thanks for you response, Ross. I just converted the clip to an Animation codec and that worked. But I’ll update the version to hopefully avoid more problems in the future. Thanks again!

Hi. I have Mocha 1.0.0 Soho on a Mac and I can’t import some clips. I’m just trying to import a 2 sec HD clip (1920x1080), codec is Apple FCP Uncompressed 4:2:2. Mocha appears to open the clip as normal since there are no errors, but the clip is black. I’ve been using Mocha occassionally for over a year and only recently started to have this problem. It will open other clips normally. But it’s not just this one clip, it’s been happening periodically. I’d appreciate any help as this project is on a time crunch.

Thanks so much!

For starters I would recommended downloading a newer version:

http://www.imagineersystems.com/files/

1.2.1 for Windows
1.2.3 for OSX

See if this helps, and uncompressed QT shouldn’t be a problem.

Hi Steve,
I think I can confirm that this is an issue we are trying to sort out on our end. It has something to do with YUV conversions in HD files and we are waiting to talk to Apple on this. For now the work flow is to convert (as you have been doing).

Will update forum when I hear more.

Thanks,
Ross

I’m having the same problem.

Both my full Mocha and the Mocha AE that shipped with Adobe CS4 import 1920x1080 23.976 Uncompressed 4:2:2 Quicktimes exported from FCP 6.05 and displays only a black view screen. I made sure I didn’t have a bunch of apps open when I tried.

I’m running OSX 10.5.7 on a 15" MacBook Pro 4GB
Mocha 1.23
Mocha AE 1.22

I loaded some SD material and Mocha worked fine.

I will try the Animation codec, but I really need it to work with HD uncompressed.

Thanks

BTW

The 1920x1080 23.976 Animation codec out of AE CS4 does seem to work fine.

STeve

Hi, I’m having the same problem and wanted to try and change the codec to Animation, but I don’t know how? Can anybody please help me…? I need to use the software for a project right now…

Thank you…