Motionblur problems caused by Layer hierarchy

Hi!

I’m currently doing some Roto-Scoping with Monet and I’m having a problem with the Motionblur. Through all my layers, but only on some frames, I have strange “breaks” in the Motionblur which I also can see already in the “Motionblur Splines” as well as in the final render. It seems to be depended on how the current layer is stacked. When I move a layer with this problem upwards in the hierarchy the issue is gone. I don’t want to render all shapes as separate Mattes, bringing every Layer to the front and then render each. Instead I would like to render one Matte Sequence with all the layers, so I need the Layer Stack to work correctly. How do I handle this issue?

Forgot to mention that it’s Monet v2.1.5 on OSX 10.5.5

You may have to send us the project to look at and try an reproduce.
One thought - do any of your shapes have points that are overlapping (unique points on the same shape that cross the actual shape).
This could be causing artifacting.

If you wish to post the project to:
ftp.imagineersystems.com
user: mocha
pw:12345678

Let us know if you post it.

Thanks,
R

I’m currently doing some Roto-Scoping with Monet and I’m having a problem with the Motionblur. Through all my layers, but only on some frames, I have strange “breaks” in the Motionblur which I also can see already in the “Motionblur Splines” as well as in the final render. It seems to be depended on how the current layer is stacked. When I move a layer with this problem upwards in the hierarchy the issue is gone. I don’t want to render all shapes as separate Mattes, bringing every Layer to the front and then render each. Instead I would like to render one Matte Sequence with all the layers, so I need the Layer Stack to work correctly. How do I handle this issue?[/quote]