Converting old TV ratio video to the new HD TV ratio

yes it should be extend

Blogs are always a main source of getting accurate information and provide you the handy results.you can get instant and reliable information which surely helps you in any field of your concern.your blogs fulfill these requirement and I really appreciate it.keep it up doing good work. i will come back to see more in future as well.best regards

Blogs are always a main source of getting accurate information and provide you the handy results.you can get instant and reliable information which surely helps you in any field of your concern.your blogs fulfill these requirement and I really appreciate it.keep it up doing good work. i will come back to see more in future as well.best regards

yes it should be extend

Thanks for the input and your quick response, I’m not sure how big a file you can handle in your e-mail, but I will send you a short (under 20 seconds) clip that is a pan from my wedding at Cypress Gardens from 2002 for you to look at. It’s a compressed quick video taken from a DV camera of my wedding that should allow quick rendering and a small file size for e-mailing. Feel free to record your process to make a tutorial to post on imagineersystems website.
Thanks,

Keith Steege
Orlando, FL

Is there any way to use the image stabilization in Mokey or Monet to adjust the video from 3x4 ratio Standard Definition (SD) video to 9X16 High Definition (HD) ratio video by extent the shoot that was paned at the end or beginning of the shot to create an extended clean plate for the video? The ability to fill in border regions blanked out by the motion compensation is the same technology, I believe, that would need to be used extend the background, so it would seem that that the software should be able to do this, I just can?t figure out how, any suggestions?
Thanks,
Keith Steege
Orlando, FL

Is there any way to use the image stabilization in Mokey or Monet to adjust the video from 3x4 ratio Standard Definition (SD) video to 9X16 High Definition (HD) ratio video by extent the shoot that was paned at the end or beginning of the shot to create an extended clean plate for the video? The ability to fill in border regions blanked out by the motion compensation is the same technology, I believe, that would need to be used extend the background, so it would seem that that the software should be able to do this, I just can’t figure out how, any suggestions?
Thanks,

Keith Steege
Orlando, FL

Thanks for the input and your quick response, I?m not sure how big a file you can handle in your e-mail, but I will send you a short (under 20 seconds) clip that is a pan from my wedding at Cypress Gardens from 2002 for you to look at. It?s a compressed quick video taken from a DV camera of my wedding that should allow quick rendering and a small file size for e-mailing. Feel free to record your process to make a tutorial to post on imagineersystems website.
Thanks,
Keith Steege
Orlando, FL

Thanks for your help.
Keith Steege

Thanks for your help.

Keith Steege

Hi Keith,
There may be a way to do this, but it largely depends on the footage. If you could send me a clip at martinb[at] imagineersystems(dot)com i’ll take a quick look and get back to you.
Basically you would have to comp the SD footage to a HD frame and treat the black edges of the HD frame surrounding the SD as foreground to be replaced with the tracked background. If there is enough background to be tracked in it might work.

Hi Keith,

There may be a way to do this, but it largely depends on the footage. If you could send me a clip at martinb[at] imagineersystems(dot)com i’ll take a quick look and get back to you.

Basically you would have to comp the SD footage to a HD frame and treat the black edges of the HD frame surrounding the SD as foreground to be replaced with the tracked background. If there is enough background to be tracked in it might work.

Hi Keith,

I looked over the footage and did exactly what I described above and it seemed to work quite well. You will probably have to mask out the girl when you do the background track to keep the track stable, but filling the edges worked very well.

Keep in mind however that if you don’t have any footage to cover all areas, you are still going to get black edges where there is nothing to replace (in your example clip the left side of the footage would remain black in a HD dimension for a few frames until the camera pans across).

Here’s how I did it:

1. Take your SD footage and comp it into a HD frame in your compositing package so you end up with black edges to the left and right
  2. Render this sequence out and create a project inside mokey
  3. In one layer create two closed rectangular splines that cover the exact height and width of the black edges. You may need to overlap the edges a tiny amount into the moving footage
  4. Create a background layer behind the first layer that covers the whole frame and uncheck the “Link spline to track” button
  5. You may want to create a third layer in between the background layer and the foreground edge layer to mask out any moving objects you don’t want to effect your background track
  6. Track the background layer (selected only)
  7. Select the foreground and do a removal

You’ll notice a fill starting automatically on the right hand side if there is a left to right pan.

Quality and amount of change in the background will obviously affect how well this works, but it seemed to do a reasonable job with the footage you supplied. If you would like the example I created, I will email it back to you.

Cheers,

Hi Keith,
I looked over the footage and did exactly what I described above and it seemed to work quite well. You will probably have to mask out the girl when you do the background track to keep the track stable, but filling the edges worked very well.
Keep in mind however that if you don’t have any footage to cover all areas, you are still going to get black edges where there is nothing to replace (in your example clip the left side of the footage would remain black in a HD dimension for a few frames until the camera pans across).
Here’s how I did it:

1. Take your SD footage and comp it into a HD frame in your compositing package so you end up with black edges to the left and right
  2. Render this sequence out and create a project inside mokey
  3. In one layer create two closed rectangular splines that cover the exact height and width of the black edges. You may need to overlap the edges a tiny amount into the moving footage
  4. Create a background layer behind the first layer that covers the whole frame and uncheck the “Link spline to track” button
  5. You may want to create a third layer in between the background layer and the foreground edge layer to mask out any moving objects you don’t want to effect your background track
  6. Track the background layer (selected only)
  7. Select the foreground and do a removal
    You’ll notice a fill starting automatically on the right hand side if there is a left to right pan.
    Quality and amount of change in the background will obviously affect how well this works, but it seemed to do a reasonable job with the footage you supplied. If you would like the example I created, I will email it back to you.
    Cheers,