Error: Failed to allocate memory buffer

Hi!
I tracked several splines and inserted different brandslogos in a 40 second clip.
Now I would like to render the clip. But instead there pops up this error:
Failed to allocate memory buffer. Please free up system memory by closing other applications
All other applications are closed and our Memory is with 6 GB RAM high enough.
Mocha even doesn’t render one single spline.
Do you have an idea how to solve this problem?
Thank you very much
Best regards
Jens Gudacker
German Sport University Cologne
Institute of Sport Economics and Sport Management
Sponsoring analysis

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Oh! I thought you were using the remove module. OK.

That sounds like something is bugging then. What version of mocha Pro are you using? Can you send me the relevant files and let me test this shot? I’d like to be able to see it repeated if I can get it to repeat on my machine.

Please email me for FTP information.

Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
I found this thread , I also had experience with ‘fail to allocate memory…’ today,
i’m using macos 10.6.8 and mocha 3.0.3 trial. There’s nothing wrong with my ram/memory. Restart won’t cure anything. This maybe somekind of the internal problem.

Fortunatelly in V3 , there’s a workaround :

• exit mocha and save the project which has problem.
  • create new project , open the same clip to work/track.
  • in v3 , there’s ‘merge’ function, so merge the previous project into the current new project.
  • go render, the ‘fail allocate memory bla bla’ msg will gone forever.

Just for sharing :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Andi

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
That sounds like something is bugging then. What version of mocha Pro are you using? Can you send me the relevant files and let me test this shot? I’d like to be able to see it repeated if I can get it to repeat on my machine.
Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
I found this thread , I also had experience with ‘fail to allocate memory…’ today,
i’m using macos 10.6.8 and mocha 3.0.3 trial. There’s nothing wrong with my ram/memory. Restart won’t cure anything. This maybe somekind of the internal problem.
Fortunatelly in V3 , there’s a workaround :

• exit mocha and save the project which has problem.
  • create new project , open the same clip to work/track.
  • in v3 , there’s ‘merge’ function, so merge the previous project into the current new project.
  • go render, the ‘fail allocate memory bla bla’ msg will gone forever.
    Just for sharing :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Andi

Hi Mary,
thanks for your quick support!
First of all I reduced the range of frames before and the range of frames after that mocha is looking in with the zoom in timeline tool but the error is still there.
I don’t know how to change the “step” mocha is looking in. I just know how to do this in the remove tool but I would just like to render the inserted logos in the Insert Module. Is there a possibility in the insert module??
Hope you can help me
Thanks
Jens

Hi!

I tracked several splines and inserted different brandslogos in a 40 second clip.
Now I would like to render the clip. But instead there pops up this error:

Failed to allocate memory buffer. Please free up system memory by closing other applications

All other applications are closed and our Memory is with 6 GB RAM high enough.
Mocha even doesn’t render one single spline.

Do you have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much
Best regards

Jens Gudacker
German Sport University Cologne
Institute of Sport Economics and Sport Management
Sponsoring analysis

Hi Mary,
thanks for your quick support!

First of all I reduced the range of frames before and the range of frames after that mocha is looking in with the zoom in timeline tool but the error is still there.

I don’t know how to change the “step” mocha is looking in. I just know how to do this in the remove tool but I would just like to render the inserted logos in the Insert Module. Is there a possibility in the insert module??

Hope you can help me

Thanks
Jens

Hi There,
40 seconds is a pretty long shot to calculate every frame for. Try reducing the range of frames before and frames after that mocha is looking in, and change the “step” to a higher number than every frame, like every five frames. Adjusting these settings will make mocha look in a smaller section to remove and it will increase the search to every five frames instead of every single one, reducing memory consumption by a lot.
Though if you’re trying to remove a logo with a cleanplate, make sure the “use cleanplates exclusively” button is checked on.
That should do it. If you have any more questions, please let me know.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi There,

40 seconds is a pretty long shot to calculate every frame for. Try reducing the range of frames before and frames after that mocha is looking in, and change the “step” to a higher number than every frame, like every five frames. Adjusting these settings will make mocha look in a smaller section to remove and it will increase the search to every five frames instead of every single one, reducing memory consumption by a lot.

Though if you’re trying to remove a logo with a cleanplate, make sure the “use cleanplates exclusively” button is checked on.

That should do it. If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Cheers,
Mary

Cheers,
Mary

Cheers,
Mary