Black screen

Hi I was wondering could some one point me in the right direction?
I have been trying to import some HD footage into Mocha AE Version 2, but all I seem to get is a black screen with no sign of the footage!
The footage is:
20 secs in length:
30fps:
720p:
MP4 format taken from a samsung digital camera:
Would much appreciate some guidance as I’m fairly new to all this!
cheers

Hi I was wondering could some one point me in the right direction?

I have been trying to import some HD footage into Mocha AE Version 2, but all I seem to get is a black screen with no sign of the footage!

The footage is:

20 secs in length:
30fps:
720p:
MP4 format taken from a samsung digital camera:

Would much appreciate some guidance as I’m fairly new to all this!

cheers

Hi Mary
My Drivers and quick time are up to date…I just updated my drivers then, but alas still No joy!

Yes Mary it opens and plays fine in Quicktime!

I haven’t tried converting to a TIFF sequence yet, would have rather resolved the problem with the original format! Is there any other reason why the footage should show up black?
Thanks for your help Mary

Thanks for you help Mary, its Much appreciated!
TIFF sequence worked just great, thanks!

Mocha uses quicktime as its basis for interpreting footage. Do you have quicktime installed and updated on your computer and up to date video drivers?
Cheers,
Mary

Mocha uses quicktime as its basis for interpreting footage. Do you have quicktime installed and updated on your computer and up to date video drivers?

Cheers,
Mary

Usually when images show up black in mocha it’s because mocha can’t read it somehow. It might be a bit depth problem, it might be a colorspace problem, it might be a codec problem, it might be another format issue buried deep in the meta-data.
The reason I say to convert it is because it will work, if it’s not reading it I’m not sure what in your file is not being translated properly. You can always email me a sample and I can see what I can dig out of it and share that with our dev team, but I’d like to get you up and running with a solution as well.
Researching a problem takes time and production tends not to wait, so I try to get you at least something workable while we explore further.
Cheers,
Mary

Will the footage open for you in quicktime?
Cheers,
Mary

Odd. Have you tried converting it to a TIFF sequence or similar? Sometimes when footage is inexplicably not loading, that’s a good fix and should work for you.
Cheers,
Mary

I was having a similar issue - try importing your clip into premiere or other video editor, and make sure you clip any black frame on the end if there is one. I was exporting AVCHD clips from my Sony to mp4 and any clip that exported with the last frame black would cause the black screen you describe. The clip imported, but all black.
Might not be the same, but if it is, easily corrected. Try trimming the last frame and see if it helps. :slight_smile: